What to know before getting Dermal Filler
Dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic treatment that can help to improve the appearance of the skin. They are most commonly used to fill in wrinkles and fine lines, and to plump up the lips. Dermal fillers are made from a variety of different materials, including hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite and poly-L-lactic acid. They are injected into the skin using a fine needle, and can last for several months. They are relatively affordable, and can be used to target specific areas of the face. Dermal fillers are an excellent option for those who want to achieve a more youthful appearance, without undergoing surgery.
Although they are generally safe, there are some risks and side effects associated with dermal fillers. The most common side effects are temporary and include bruising, swelling, and redness at the injection site. Before getting dermal fillers, it is important to consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss the risks and side effects.
What to expect after getting Dermal Filler
The effects of dermal fillers are not permanent, and they will gradually be broken down by the body over time. So how long do dermal fillers last? The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, including the type of filler used, the area treated, the patient’s skin type and age, and the doctor’s technique. Generally, dermal fillers last anywhere from 12 to 18 months. However, some patients may see results that last for 2 years or longer. Be sure to ask about the doctor’s technique and how long they expect the results to last. With the right doctor and treatment plan, you can enjoy long-lasting results that help you look and feel your best.
Do’s and Dont’s after Dermal Filler
Aftercare for dermal filler injections is pretty simple and straightforward. Here are some tips on how to take care of your skin after getting dermal fillers:
- Avoid strenuous activity or exposure to heat: Strenuous activity or exposure to heat can cause the dermal filler to migrate from the injection site. It is important to avoid these activities for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Apply ice: Applying ice to the injection site can help to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Avoid touching or massaging the injection site: Touching or massaging the injection site can cause the dermal filler to move from the injection site.
- Avoid makeup: Makeup can irritate the injection site and should be avoided for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Keep the injection site clean: It is important to keep the injection site clean and dry. You can gently wash the area with a mild soap and water. By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your dermal filler results last and that you avoid any complications.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol can thin the blood and cause increased bruising and swelling. It is best to avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours after getting dermal fillers.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 24 hours after getting dermal fillers. This can cause the filler to migrate and cause uneven results.
- Avoid saunas and steam rooms for at least 24 hours after getting dermal fillers. The heat can cause the filler to migrate and cause uneven results.
- Sleep with your head elevated for the first night. This can help to reduce swelling.
If you have any concerns or experience any unusual side effects, be sure to contact your doctor.
At GEM aesthetic clinic Malaysia, we have our experienced doctors available for consultation to guide you through our dermal filler treatment Malaysia and which procedures are the best suit for you. Don’t hesitate to book a consultation with us now!
What are the other Anti-Aging treatments we offer?