Ways To Make Dermal Filler Results Last Longer
How long does it take for dermal fillers to work?
Dermal fillers are one of the most popular cosmetic treatments available today. And for good reason! They can provide a subtle, yet noticeable lift to the lips, fill in wrinkles, and plump up the skin. Most dermal fillers take effect immediately after injection. However, it can take up to 2 weeks for the full effect of the filler to be seen. This is because it takes time for the body to break down and absorb the filler material. Dermal fillers are a popular choice for many people who want to improve their appearance without undergoing surgery.
How do I take care of my face after dermal fillers?
Your skin is your body’s largest organ, so it’s important to take care of it. After you’ve had dermal fillers, there are a few things you can do to help your skin heal and stay healthy. First, avoid exposing your skin to harsh chemicals or treatments, such as acid peels or laser facials. If you must have these treatments, make sure to wait at least 2 weeks after your dermal filler treatment. Second, use a gentle cleanser on your skin twice a day. Avoid using harsh soaps or scrubbing your skin too vigorously. Third, apply moisturizer to your skin every day. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent dryness. Fourth, use sunscreen when you go outside. Dermal fillers can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so it’s important to protect it. Lastly, if you’re looking to reduce swelling after a dermal filler treatment, you can apply cold compress to the area for 10- 15 minutes. This will help to constrict the blood vessels and reduce the swelling. By following these simple tips, you can help your skin heal and stay healthy after dermal fillers.
How do you maintain dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers can provide beautiful results, but it’s important to make healthy lifestyle choices to prolong the results.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking is a major risk factor for many health problems, including skin aging. The chemicals in cigarettes damage collagen and elastin, which are the proteins that keep skin looking young and healthy. Smoking also decreases blood flow to the skin, which can make dermal filler results less noticeable.
- Avoid sun exposure: Too much sun exposure can break down collagen and elastin, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. It’s important to protect your skin from the sun, especially if you’ve had dermal fillers. Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and avoid direct sun exposure when possible.
- Healthy diet: A diet high in sugar and processed foods can cause inflammation and damage to collagen and elastin. Eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help keep your skin looking its best.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption: Alcohol can dehydrate the skin and cause inflammation. This can make dermal filler results less noticeable. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation.
- Reduce stress: Stress can cause inflammation and make the skin more susceptible to damage. Try to manage stress with relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation.
At GEM Aesthetic Clinic Malaysia, we have our experienced doctors available for consultation to guide you through our dermal filler treatment Malaysia and which procedures are the best suit for you. Don’t hesitate to book a consultation with us now!
What are the other Anti-Aging treatments we offer?